History of the Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kanazawa University
Hikoso Shutoujo (Hikoso Vaccination Center) established in 1862, when Kanazawa was still a part of the Kaga domain. It has gone through a great number of changes during these 140 years bringing political, economic and cultural progresses in the district. The history of the university is described briefly as follows.
- 1862 Hikoso Vaccination Center was established
- 1867 Yojyosho (Health Care Center)
- 1870 Igakukan (Medical Institute)
- 1873 Kanazawa Byouin (Kanazawa Hospital)
- 1876 Ishikawa-ken Kanazawa Igakusho (Ishikawa Prefectural Kanazawa Medical School)
- 1884 Ishikawa-ken Koushu Igakkoh (Ishikawa Prefectural First Grade Medical School)
- 1887 The Department of Medicine of the Fourth Higher Middle School
- 1894 The Department of Medicine of the Fourth Higher School
- 1901 Kanazawa Professional School of Medicine
- 1923 Kanazawa Medical College
- 1949 The School of Medicine, Kanazawa University
- 1955 The Graduate School of Medicine Kanazawa University (doctoral course) was established.
- 2001 The Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University
- 2004 National University Corporation Kanazawa University
- 2005 The Graduate School of Medical Science (Master's Course, Division of Medical Sciences) was established.
- 2006 The Research and Education building of the Graduate School of Medical Science was renewed
- 2008 The College of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences.
- 2012 The Graduate School of Medical Sciences